- Welcome to our new 2017-18 Members!
- Preparing for Carnegie: A Full-Day Meeting for your Team
- Charting a Course on the Pathway to Community Engagement: An Inventory and Action Plan for Engaged Campuses
- Pieces to Masterpiece: Crafting your Community Engagement Story
- Sign Your Name: “Dear Congress, Support National Service!”
Monthly Archives: February 2016
Campus Compact has made available guidance for campuses engaged in designing campus action plans. The plans emanate from commitments made in the Campus Compact 30th Anniversary Action Statement. In signing the 30th Anniversary Action Statement, presidents and chancellors make a public commitment both to its principles and to developing a plan to put those principles into action. The framework available on the Campus Compact website provides a shared foundation for Compact members to approach Civic Action Plan (CAP) development while encouraging creativity, flexibility, and boldness. Our guide for “Creating a Great Civic Action Plan” is a useful starting point and is now available for download.
If we imagine all the ways our campuses can engage with the larger community, we can think of a pretty large umbrella. It may include service-learning, community-based research, problem-based learning, civic work and others. Recently, social entreprene… Continue reading