- Sign Your Name: “Dear Congress, Support National Service!”
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Request for Information – June 28 Deadline
- 2017 Students Serving Washington Awards Winners!
- Service Opportunity! Join WACC as the next College Access Corps Team Leader!
- Whitman Student Engagement Center Doing Great Work!
Monthly Archives: February 2016
Campus Compact has made available guidance for campuses engaged in designing campus action plans. The plans emanate from commitments made in the Campus Compact 30th Anniversary Action Statement. In signing the 30th Anniversary Action Statement, presidents and chancellors make a public commitment both to its principles and to developing a plan to put those principles into action. The framework available on the Campus Compact website provides a shared foundation for Compact members to approach Civic Action Plan (CAP) development while encouraging creativity, flexibility, and boldness. Our guide for “Creating a Great Civic Action Plan” is a useful starting point and is now available for download.
If we imagine all the ways our campuses can engage with the larger community, we can think of a pretty large umbrella. It may include service-learning, community-based research, problem-based learning, civic work and others. Recently, social entreprene… Continue reading